A SHOT OF VODKA THE PROPER RUSSIAN WAY
For many Russians and ex-Soviets the genuine act of drinking vodka constitutes a very special, if not hallowed, ceremony. So, join “the club” and learn the bona fide way of drinking vodka. We’ll give you the rules and the tools. You read, observe, and enjoy!
1. Your two ounce shot of iced vodka, served straight, comes with pickle and pumpernickel bread bite. Keep it within reach.
2. Announce a brief toast “Na Zdorovie!” – “To Your Health!” Sniff your piece of bread deeply.
3. Ceremonially say, “Nu…” (“So…”). Take a deep breath. Tilt your head back, and down the entire shot.
4. Exhale loudly, producing a sound just short of a whistle. Then, give a quick sniff to your slice of black bread in a quick ritual gesture. (Some people smell their shirt sleeves, but this is optional).
5. Eat your pickle neatly but quickly.
6. Say, “Oh Khorosho” (“It feels good”), or “Khorosho poshla” (It went down well”).
7. Repeat the round in 15-20 minutes; slow down if you feel fuzzy warm, comfortable and your attention span is not at 100%.
Three 1 ounce shots – $13.00. Become a chief vodka taster and judge of this sacred libation!
Flight of Jewels
Standard, Nemiroff Cranberry, Slavi Wheat Vodka
Coriander, Black Currant Tea, Lime
Molotov Cocktail Flight
Absolut Peppar, House Horseradish, Pepper-Honey
2 ounce shot – $10 or Bottle service – $100.00
Black Currant Tea, Coriander, Caraway, Horseradish, Ginger, Mint, Lime, Coffee, Cinnamon, Jasmine
Russia, Poland and Ukraine
Russian Standard, Stolichnaya Original, Stolichnaya 100 ?, Limonnaya-lemon, Orhanj-orange, Razzberry-raspberry, Strasberry-strawberry, Vanil-vanilla, Persik-peach, Nemiroff Honey Pepper, Nemiroff Cranberry, Slavi (Slavyanskaya) Wheat Vodka, Slavi Chilly Pepper, Slavi Cranberry, Stoli Elit, Stawski Bizonovka,
Belvedere ($11), Chopin ($11)
Scandinavia, Western Europe and U.S.A.
Ketel One, Finlandia, Finlandia Cranberry, Finlandia Mango, Absolut, Citron, Mandarin, Peppar, Vanilia, Vox, Van Gogh, Pineapple, Wild Apple, Smirnoff, Effen Black Cherry,
Grey Goose/ L’Orange ($11) Ciroc ($11)
INTERNATIONAL BEER PORTFOLIO
From Russia and Eastern Europe
Baltika 3 Classic Lager; Baltika 5 Golden Lager; Baltika 6 Porter; Baltika 7 Export Lager; Baltika 8 non-alcoholic, Baltika 9 Extra Lager, Golden Pheasant, Lvivske Classic Lager, Kalnapilis Lager, Karlovacko Pale Lager, Stawski Premium Lager, Obolon Premium, Pilsner Urquell
From Western Europe and U.S.A.
Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Light, Amstell Light, Heineken Lager, St. Pauli Girl Lager, Hacker Pschorr Weisse, Peroni